Hi, I’m Kirsten.
I help people reduce pain and stiffness, so they can build confidence their body.
I’m certified in yoga, Pilates, & Gyrotonic and have over 15 years of teaching experience. As a former dancer I’ve been studying movement and the body most of my life.
Movement is for EVERY body.
You don’t need to be thin, flexible, in shape, or young to enjoy movement.
Movement nourishes us.
Movement helps us increase our physical capabilities, decrease aches and pains, and slows down the aging process.
Movement should be fun, not a chore!
Exercise doesn’t need to be another stress in your life- it can feel good!
More of my story…
I grew up pursuing a career as a dancer, but was quickly told I didn’t have the dancer body. I spent most of my life trying to “fix” myself- I yearned to be thinner, more flexible, have longer legs, etc.
When I was studying dance at Boston Conservatory, I found a yoga class nearby that gave me a glimpse of another world. The teacher welcomed us to explore moving in our bodies without judgement- I immediately fell in love.
Fast forward to my 20’s- I was as an avid yogi/yoga teacher, but started to feel my body needed something besides yoga. I returned to Pilates, which I had studied throughout my dance training, and was introduced to Gyrotonic. Pilates gave me the resistance training I was craving while Gyrotonic gave me flowing, mobilizing movements. Together yoga, Pilates, and Gyrotonic made a beautiful marriage.
- 500 hour and Restorative Yoga, Be Yoga (now ISHTA yoga)
- Anatomy of Breath-Centered Yoga Advanced Studies Program,The Breathing Project
- Pilates Mat and Equipment, Sal Anthony’s Movement Salon and Balanced Body
- Gyrotonic Level 1, Vincent Macagnone
- Therapeutic Gyrotonic Applications for the Shoulder Girdle, Uwe Herbstreit
- CoreAlign Level 1, Finetune Pilates
- Anatomy Trains 1, Simone Linder
- Healing Diastastis, Jennifer Gianni/Fusion Pilates
- Pre/Postnatal Pilates Teacher Training, Jennifer Gianni/Fusion Pilates
Interested in working together? Please visit my services page.
Not only do I feel more limber, strong, and aware of my body, but I’ve felt inspired to move more!
It can be scary to start a new physical activity, especially when you’re out of shape and in pain, but Kirsten made me feel comfortable. More importantly she made moving fun and enjoyable again! I’ve seen a huge difference in my body since we’ve started working together. The other day I was able to kneel down and hold a squat position to help my daughter. I haven’t been able to do that for ages!