Hi, I’m Kirsten.
I help people reduce pain and stiffness and build more confidence their body.
I’m certified in yoga, Pilates, & Gyrotonic and have over 15 years of teaching experience- as a former dancer I’ve been studying movement and the body most of my life.
Movement EVERY body.
You don’t need to be thin, flexible, in shape, or young to move.
Movement nourishes us.
It can help you feel more comfortable and capable in your body.
Movement should be fun, not a chore!
Exercise doesn’t need to be another stress in your life- it can feel good!
If you want to reduce pain and stiffness and feel better in your body, I can help you.
When I’m not teaching, I enjoy hanging with my hubby and 3 year old son, eating chocolate, seeing dance performances, and walking in prospect park.
More of my story…
I grew up pursuing a career as a dancer, but was quickly told I didn’t have the dancer body. I spent most of my life trying to “fix” my body. I yearned to be thinner, more flexible, have longer legs, etc.
When I was studying at The Boston Conservatory, I took a yoga class at a studio nearby. It was the first time I could explore moving in my body in a non-judgemental way- it was magical.
Over the years yoga, Pilates, and Gyrotonic have helped me recover from pain and injury, improve my performance, and build confidence in my body and in myself. As a teacher my mission is to help others with the same.
- 500 hour and Restorative Yoga, Be Yoga (now ISHTA yoga)
- Anatomy of Breath-Centered Yoga Advanced Studies Program,The Breathing Project
- Pilates Mat and Equipment, Sal Anthony’s Movement Salon and Balanced Body
- Gyrotonic Level 1, Vincent Macagnone
- Therapeutic Gyrotonic Applications for the Shoulder Girdle, Uwe Herbstreit
- CoreAlign Level 1, Finetune Pilates
- Anatomy Trains 1, Simone Linder
- Healing Diastastis, Jennifer Gianni/Fusion Pilates
- Pre/Postnatal Pilates Teacher Training, Jennifer Gianni/Fusion Pilates
Interested in working together? Please visit my services page.
Not only do I feel more limber, strong, and aware of my body, but I’ve felt inspired to move more!
It can be scary to start a new physical activity, especially when you’re out of shape and in pain, but Kirsten made me feel comfortable. More importantly she made moving fun and enjoyable again! I’ve seen a huge difference in my body since we’ve started working together. The other day I was able to kneel down and hold a squat position to help my daughter. I haven’t been able to do that for ages!